Studien/The Total Economic Impact Of Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams (Teams) is a shared workspace that brings many of the collaboration and communication solutions within Microsoft 365 into a focused workspace. It integrates with other solutions from Microsoft, third- party vendors, and in-house development to facilitate faster and smarter working — both within and outside of the organization. This is all delivered in a secure manner, which improves compliance, manageability, and system performance. Increasing adoption and usage of Teams helps companies improve access to information and free up workers – both information and firstline – to focus on higher-value activities, thus reducing operating costs, accelerating time-to-market, and fostering greater innovation.
Microsoft commissioned Forrester Consulting to conduct a Total Economic ImpactTM (TEI) study and examine the potential return on investment (ROI) enterprises may realize by adopting Microsoft Teams. The purpose of this study is to provide readers with a framework to evaluate the potential financial impact of Teams, as part of Microsoft 365, on their organizations.
To better understand the benefits, costs, and risks associated with this investment, Forrester interviewed four customers and surveyed another 260 with experience using Teams. Forrester also incorporated findings from other TEI studies (see Appendix B for a list of previous studies and methodological notes), which included multiple surveys and more than 45 additional interviews with organizations using various aspects of Teams.
- Teams reduces the total number and duration of meetings.
- With Teams, companies reduce many other communication software and hardware solutions.
- By Year 3, online meetings replace 150 overnight trips.
- Information workers save 4 hours per week from improved collaboration and information sharing.
- Teams for Firstline Workers saves users 45 minutes per week collaborating with colleagues.
- Decision makers improve their time-to-decision by 17.7%.
- Improved worker satisfaction, integration, and empowerment reduce attrition rates.
- Less time is spent switching between applications each day.
- Employees who work with outside organizations save time by having a shared workspace.
- Having resources available online in Teams reduces downtime.
- IT compliance and eDiscovery costs are reduced by 13.2%.